Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Jackets

Jackets! It's that time of year when a jacket really makes sense. It's not so cold that you feel like an idiotic floozy putting style above substance and it's not so warm that you inevitably want to take it off even though: "It's part of an OUTFIT doncha know?". These autumny days have thrown two beautiful jackets my way.



1. I bought this lovely check coat for £7 in an anonymous charity shop in portobello. It's definitely too big and the shoulder pads are an unusual choice for someone like I who is so frequently labelled "petite". But...I kind of love it! I guess it's straight out of this month's Vogue jackets page, with a belt and chunky scarf as I've styled it above. It is a bit overpowering as an outfit interest though, might need some kind of toning down.


2. This is currently on hold for me in the Oxford topshop - there's a 20 percent off for students sale on tonight so i'm going back to retrieve it later avec the discount, s'il vous plait! I'm not sure how lasting the snakeskin print will be, or if the dirty rock n roll thing will die out and look naff for spring. On the other hand, my style is generally quite rock n roll. And i DO have a thing for jackets... Well worth my fifty quid in my opinion! (Student...loan...slowly...slipping...through...fingers!)

No comments: